The Institute for Christian Studies (ICS) is an accredited, independent graduate school for interdisciplinary philosophy, affiliated with the Toronto School of Theology at the University of Toronto. ICS brings a rich tradition of critical inquiry to the issues shaping our complex world. We’re equipping new generations of scholars and leaders to ask the difficult questions and challenge the easy answers. Our Masters and PhD graduates are providing leadership across the globe – in universities, churches and social agencies. And we take our ideas to communities across North America – inviting individuals to discuss what’s important in their life and our world.
For further information about the ICS please visit www.icscanada.edu
ICS is seeking an experienced and organized individual to fill the role of Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) on a nine-month contract to cover a medical leave (with possible extension). Reporting to the President, the DFA works at a senior level, implementing the mission of ICS together with the Leadership Team, with particular responsibility for the financial and administrative aspects of the organization.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with Leadership Team on strategic initiatives, ensuring that ICS operations are transparent and stewardly
- Prepare annual budget with input from all stakeholders; prepare cash flow and multi-year projections as needed
- Supervise work of contract bookkeeper for ICS and Friends of ICS; monitor income and expenses, including payroll; arrange and supervise annual financial audit
- Prepare regular financial reports for Leadership Team, Finance & Fundraising Committee and Board
- Supervise management of ICS investments and restricted funds
- Manage timely and accurate submission of required financial reports, including annual Charity Return, tax rebate applications, SSHRC grants, etc.
- Manage financial processes for student tuition, fees and financial awards; serve on Student Financial Aid Committee
- Serve as Treasurer on Board of Friends of ICS
- Manage and coordinate ICS administrative functions, including information technology, facilities maintenance, and general administration
- Organize and participate in regular Leadership Team meetings; prepare and circulate minutes
- Manage human resources functions including annual performance reviews for staff; staff contracts, job descriptions and job postings as needed; employee benefits program. Share in fostering a healthy work environment for all employees
- Supervise annual tax reporting for students, staff and faculty – T4s, T2202s, etc.
- Manage preparation of materials for AGM, Executive and Board meetings; attend AGM, Executive and Board meetings
- Maintain required reporting for changes in Directors, signing authorities etc.; maintain legal documents such as building lease, copier leases, etc.
- Maintain Administrative Staff Handbook and Board Handbook
- Commitment to ICS mission
- University degree in relevant field and/or demonstrated experience in finance and administration setting
- Management experience; ability to work effectively in a leadership position in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a small office environment
- Readiness to work in a faith-oriented environment
Please submit a letter of interest addressed to Chris Gort, President, as well as your resume and three references (including contact information) by email to: email@example.com. All applications are due by Friday, November 11, 2011 at 5:00 pm EST.
We thank all applicants in advance; only those invited for interviews will be contacted.